Looking for new internet marketing ideas? Look no further than your own computer. You probably have many presentations created for clients, staff and other groups that can be re-purposed for your internet marketing efforts. Slide marketing or presentation marketing is one of the growing trends in online marketing that can help you reach new audiences and generate awareness and visits to your website. And it all starts with something most business owners already have: presentations!
What Is Presentation Marketing?
Presentation marketing is developing or reusing presentations and sharing them online. The concept is similar to YouTube, a social networking site that enables contributors to share videos. Although you’ll find a plethora of funny animal videos on YouTube, you can also find recordings of valuable business videos. The same goes for presentation marketing. With presentation marketing, individuals upload their PowerPoint presentations or other online slides and documents to a shared website. The material is accessible to users and indexed by search engines. This makes it another method of reaching potential new customers.
Let’s assume that you run a successful home healthcare practice in a metropolitan area. You’ve created a presentation on skilled nursing care that you share with several senior groups each year and as a public service to the community. Instead of trotting it out three times a year locally, you could post it to the internet on a slide sharing website and share it with millions of potential viewers. By adding location-specific keywords to the presentation and your file online, you can help people in your local geographic area find your presentation online. You’ve now reached many, many more people online than you did by delivering the presentation to a handful of local groups throughout the year.
Considerations for Using Presentations
There are a few considerations when sharing your presentations. First, make sure that you own all the copyrights to the images, videos and other material embedded in the presentation. If you’re not sure, check before posting it to a presentation sharing website.
Just posting one presentation may not be enough to generate strong traffic back to your website. Consider presentation marketing as part of your overall content marketing and social media marketing strategy. As with most content and social media marketing, regular, consistent materials generate more interest than haphazard and occasional posts.
How to Get Started
To get started with presentation marketing, follow these steps.
- Review your existing library of presentations. Could any of them be shared as part of a presentation marketing strategy?
- Examine all the materials in the presentation. Does anything need to be updated? Facts and figures may be outdated. You may need to replace images, charts or graphs. Update your presentation.
- Polish it and perfect it. Since it has the potential to be viewed by so many people, make sure it reflects your very best effort.
- Add a call to action. Most presentations are informative, but this is also serving a marketing purpose. Add a final slide inviting viewers to contact you for more information. Provide your complete contact information, including website address, email address and telephone number.
- Share your presentation. Once you’ve uploaded your presentation, share it with customers, followers and fans.
Presentation marketing offers you the opportunity to reuse and recycle materials you’ve already spent time and effort to develop. You can also create new presentations to share. The choice is yours, and each offers a new and valuable method of reaching potential customers online.
Are you ready to begin presentation marketing? Dashboard Internet Marketing can help. We have graphic designers, writers and experts on internet marketing strategies that can help you incorporate presentation marketing into your overall marketing plan. Call us at 800-807-1852 for a consultation today.