A social media competitive assessment looks at the complete social media landscape surrounding your industry and business as well as the various social media platforms used by competitors within your industry. The results are a powerful, fact-based report that you can use to out-think and outmaneuver your competition in the dynamic world of social media marketing.
What Does a Social Media Competitive Assessment Include?
When you understand the world of social media, especially as it pertains to your industry, you’ll be in a much better position to make decisions about what to post, when to post, and where to post on various social media platforms. During a social media competitive assessment, the following items will be analyzed:
- Target audience and fan demographics: Who are your competitors reaching through their social media efforts? Does this demographic intersect with your target demographic, and if so, by how much?
- Overall social media presence: The analysis will look at the overall tone, style and content shared on each social media platform, and how effective it is in terms of likes/shares or other indicators of post popularity.
- Engagement with the audience: How well are your competitors responding to commentary on their social media sites? What is their engagement level with their audience?
- Specific integrated marketing campaigns: Are your competitors integrating their social media campaigns with other marketing campaigns? For example, many food product companies create integrated campaigns that include traditional print advertising, coupons, and social media outreach for a brand or product.
- Use of sophisticated tools and concepts: Are your competitors using third party tools to assist their social media efforts? Do they demonstrate a sophisticated grasp of social media, such as the use of #hashtags on Twitter?
Knowing these facts and comparing the results of the social media competitive assessment with a solid understanding of where your business stands today can help you position your social media efforts for success.
Integrating social media with a sound internet marketing strategy can help you reach new potential audiences and engage existing customers fully in your brand, product and services. Such robust marketing efforts begin with the knowledge obtained during a social media competitive assessment.
To learn more about social media competitive assessments, call Dashboard Internet Marketing at 800-807-1852 or contact them via email.