If you thought that content marketing was simply writing articles and posting them online, think again. The world of content marketing has grown substantially since the first blogs launched a decade or so ago. Content marketing has evolved beyond the written word to encompass images as well as audio and visual content such as podcasts, recordings, and videos. Content marketing is a useful addition to your internet marketing strategy, providing fodder for your social media marketing programs, encouraging search engine traffic, and helping you develop and build rapport with your customers and prospective customers.
Outside the Box Content Marketing Ideas
If the “box” consists of written content such as articles and blog posts, what’s outside of the proverbial box?
- Memes: Memes fall into the picture-is-worth-a-thousand words category. Memes use visuals to express an idea, brand aspects or message. It’s a quick burst of funny, droll or insightful text places over an image. These images often go viral, shared across Pinterest and other social media platforms. They offer you a visual way to share brand messages.
- Infographics: Infographics tends to be the serious side of memes. Infographics convey facts, messages and key takeaways using images and pictures. Infographics can be used for health messages, such as “eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables a day” displayed by an arc of colorful vegetables and fruits shaped like a rainbow, or they can consist of tables, graphs or facts displayed in a colorful, engaging manner. Use infographics to accompany reports or studies conducted by your company to display the key results in an easy to understand manner.
- Presentations: Dust off your old presentations, update them with new information and graphics, and turn your presentations into colorful recordings that can be shared on unique “slide sharing” platforms across the web. Presentations reach another audience, and offer you yet more ways to share content online.
- Audio content: Recorded welcome messages, quick sound bites and key takeaways can offer your customers useful, engaging and informative content in ways they want to hear it. Some companies record all or part of a written blog posts or other written message to get double the bang for their content buck.
- Videos: Videos are fast moving from a nice to have to a must-have online. Videos can be welcoming, informative or entertaining, but professionally produced videos are a must if you take your content marketing seriously. Use videos to share information, tips, and more.
Whether you choose to use traditional content marketing methods such as articles, blog posts, white papers, reports and case studies, or new and exciting methods like slide shows, graphics and more, call on the professionals at Dashboard Internet Marketing for great content that supports and enhances your internet marketing strategy. Call us at 800-807-1852 for a consultation today.